Tooth pain is no laughing matter. If it’s persistent, it may mean that you have some damage such as tooth decay or an infection. This is why it’s important to seek out Kissimmee emergency dentist Dr. Adel Mansour and Dr. Ramy Labib at Central Florida Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Kissimmee, FL. They offer emergency dental services for patients who are suffering from tooth pain.
When Should You See an Emergency Dentist?
Patients who are experiencing the following symptoms should consult a Kissimmee emergency dentist as soon as possible:
- Throbbing pain
- Persistent dull ache
- Pain when you bite or chew
- Pain when you eat something sweet
- Sensitive teeth or gums
- Sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- Pain in the jaw
- Pain in the face
- Bleeding teeth or gums
- Swelling in the mouth
- Pus around the teeth or gums
Common Causes of Tooth Pain
Here are some of the most common causes of tooth pain:
- Tooth decay: This occurs when bacteria eat through a tooth’s enamel. This can be fixed with a filling or patch and professional cleaning will eliminate the build-up of plaque.
- A tooth abscess: When the pulp inside a tooth dies, it creates an infection known as an abscess. This requires antibiotics, a root canal, and cleaning. It may also require a crown to protect the tooth from further damage.
- Tooth fracture: A fracture or crack can happen by biting on something hard or having a fall or other injury. Fractures can be repaired with dental glue, a filling, or a veneer. If you experience this, talk to your Kissimmee emergency dentist right away.
- Gum infection: This type of infection could have several possible causes including smoking, gum disease, inadequate oral hygiene, poor nutrition, or a health condition such as diabetes. Infected gums are usually treated with antibiotics.
If you’re looking for a Kissimmee emergency dentist, you can reach Dr. Adel Mansour and Dr. Ramy Labib of Central Florida Cosmetic and Family Dentistry at (407) 483-9990.